Thursday, July 15, 2010

More London!

My first few days of work have been pretty good so far! I've had a lot of training, but have done a bit of "real work", as well.

Yesterday (Wed), they had a big event for all 371 of the interns, give or take. We went to Mudchute Farm, which was really close to work, about 20 minutes by foot. Since I had missed out on the training week and some other events, it was a good chance to get to know some more of my fellow interns. The afternoon was filled with some quite random games, such as the "washing machine", the "demolition cage", a dance off (which I lost somehow...), and others. We were split up into teams, and then had little competitions against the other teams. All in all, lots of fun. In the end, when the place was closing down, a couple of English guys were convinced to go chase after some goats, which luckily just ended up with some slightly traumatized goats and two tired out Brits.


I've been slowly meeting more and more non-interns around the office as well. Over the past two days, there have been at least two social events where I've gotten to meet some people inside and outside of my department, which is really cool. Although investment banking has a reputation for working super long hours (e.g., some of the interns in other departments have been staying past 1 AM), my department isn't quite as high-strung, and I can usually leave by 6 or 7. With that being said, I really like my job, my colleagues, and the environment. It's great!


Today on the way home, some girl offered me a cab ride, since we were headed in the same direction and she was sick of waiting for the bus. So, I got my first trip in a real London black cab!


I haven't had many chances yet, but I'll try to take some pictures this weekend!

No comments: