Monday, January 24, 2011

Zermatt II

This morning, I got up relatively early and was on the slopes by 9:30 AM. This time I went to the Sunnegga (Sun corner) instead of Gornergrat. I think I liked the Gornergrat better, but both were still pretty good. At Sunnegga, you can take the lift higher up to Blauherd and Rothorn. If you go to the Zermatt site you can see a map of the area.

It turns out I did a black run by accident up in the Rothorn Paradise - I must have taken a wrong turn, because I meant to take the blue route, but ended up on a run that was really steep and took me forever to get down, since I just kept going from side to side.

Here are some pictures! In some of the pictures, you can see the JamesBond-esque building in the distance on top of the Gornergrat, the mountain I was on yesterday. Since Dad specifically mentioned Visp, I got some pictures from the train heading up from Zermatt to Visp, and from the Visp train station. I was going to take a couple more of the surrounding mountains, but the train heads into a tunnel pretty quick.





















I've got a few more pictures, but my Picasa is running low on space, so I won't upload them all.

1 comment:

karen V said...

looks like fun!