Monday, September 6, 2010

Got the job!

I got a job offer from Barclays! I'll be working here in London, and it starts next August. That gives me a bit of time to finish my degree in St. Gallen, and do some traveling through Europe first. I'll be working in what's called Loan Capital Markets in the Investment Bank. Basically, companies need ridiculous amounts of money just to pay for day to day operations and also to do things like buy other companies, so they come to us, and we get together with 10 other banks and lend them 8 billion euros, or something. So, that's what I'll be doing, with a focus on continental European countries, probably Germany, Switzerland and Austria b/c of the whole German speaking thing.

Here are some pictures of my little excursion last weekend to Greenwich. As in, Greenwich Mean Time. That one.






























No comments: